Cuisinart came to popularity in the mid-1970s when they developed the food processor for home use. Since then, the company has developed a large array of products and an outstanding reputation. The company who encourages you to “Savor the Good Life” has won many culinary awards. So you would expect a quality product from this brand name. In this article, we are going to tell you why the Cuisinart Green Gourmet Hard Anodized Ceramic 10 piece Cookware Set stands out.
Why Cuisinart Green Gourmet Ceramic Cookware Stands Out
Lasting Quality and Non-toxic
The Cuisinart Green Gourmet Nonstick Cookware is made of hard anodized aluminum with an aluminum alloy core and PTFE and PFOA free nonstick interior ceramic coating which will last. Titanium reinforcing makes the ceramic stronger and more durable. Used and cared for properly, this ceramic will not chip, peel or wear away in a short period of time.
In addition, the titanium bonding provides a couple of additional benefits. The hard ceramic does not stain during cooking and food releases easily. After reading many reviews, it was clear that the nonstick coating allows food to slide right out.
Handles Stay Cool
Riveted Handles are 70% recycled stainless steel. They stay cool when used on the stove top. This is a great benefit when you are rushing around, getting dinner on the table and have left the potholder on the other side of the kitchen.
You can exchange lids with other pieces in the set. This is an especially great feature if you have additional Cuisinart cookware, as many of their lids are interchangeable.
Oven Safe to 400 F
I typically use a nonstick pan for eggs. If I want to brown a piece of meat, I use a stainless pan or a trusty anodized aluminum pan that will develop a good thick fond to be de-glazed into a sauce, then move the food to an oven-safe dutch oven or casserole. No need with the Cuisinart Green Gourmet Ceramic Cookware. These ceramic pots and pans are oven safe to 400 degrees F. Because of this great feature, food can be browned or started on top of the stove, then finished in the oven. Your roasts and fritattas will turn out perfectly. These pans are also safe under the broiler.
The rims of the pots and pans are tapered out so that you can pour without dripping. Transferring sauces and beverages to serving dishes is a breeze.
Cuisinart is community minded. They know that you are concerned about your environment and have designed this product with conservation in mind.
- You only need to use low to medium temperatures for most cooking methods. The aluminum alloy construction conducts heat very well. Less energy is used to bring the food to temperature.
- The ceramic is bonded at a lower temperature, as well.
- The Cuisinart Ceramica (interior ceramic coating) technology is petroleum free and helps conserve oil consumption.
- The packaging is 100% recycled (and recyclable) materials and is printed with soy ink.
The 10 piece set includes: 1-quart saucepan with cover, 2.5-quart saucepan with cover, 3-quart saute pan with cover, 6-quart sauce pot with cover and pasta insert and 8″ skillet. As you would expect with a quality brand, the Cuisinart Green Gourmet Cookware comes with a lifetime warranty.
Pros & Cons
- Distributes heat well, cooks evenly
- Pans/lids are oven safe up to 400°F
- Drip-Free Pouring
- Handle and lid stayed cool to the touch during cooking
- Lids are interchangeable
- Handles are very comfortable and don’t get hot on top of stove
- Very nonstick surface
- Nice and heavy
- Comes with detailed owner’s manual
- Handles are riveted, which is slightly difficult to clean around
- The set comes with only a small fry pan. It would be nice to have the 10-inch one included as well
- Designed in the US but made in China
- Ceramic cookware requires a fair amount of care in use and handling. You will want to follow all of the manufacturer’s guidelines to get the most life from your set.
A Distinguished Set
The Cuisinart Green Gourmet Hard Anodized Ceramic 10 piece Cookware Set clearly distinguishes itself against those in its price range with its superior construction and design. From the anodized and bonded aluminum construction to dripless design to eco-friendly packaging materials, this product supports a healthier and happier lifestyle. With a little care, you will enjoy cooking with this set for years to come. You will have many meal options and feel good about your environment with this set.
Ceramic-coated cookware is a wonderful addition to your healthier home. See our top 5 picks.